Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spring has sprung (maybe)

The weather sure doesn't look or feel like spring (it's a balmy 7 degrees out there right now), but something sure has the orchids fooled.

Not only are some of the cattleyas waking up and budding (Purple Cascade, Little Toshie, and my Psh. cochleata), but both of my winter-dormant plants are growing already.  Slow down, it's only the beginning of February.  Geez.

Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite 'Red Streak'.  I've found 3 nubbins so far.  I'm incredibly sad this one didn't bloom this winter like it should have.  Perhaps it will have a better showing next year.



And my Fdk. After Dark 'SVO Black Pearl' is apparently also waking up.  It hasn't been dormant long at all, and since this is the only Catasetinae plant I have, I don't know whether to be concerned about that or not.  We'll see, I guess.

All this growing and flowering and stuff can only mean one thing:  spring is here!  Right?!  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment