Friday, May 10, 2013

A box for me!


Hmmm, what a lovely box I found on my porch this morning.  I wonder what it could be?

Oh look, it's from the Nortons at Orchidview!!!

Let's open it and see what's in there!

Hooray, blue violaceas!

I've been drooling over some of the Norton strain Phal. violaceas forever, so this year, I broke down and bought some.  Katherine said they were expecting all these to spike this summer, but I'm sure they'll take a while to adjust to good ol' Wyoming, so perhaps next summer.  I got 3 vios and one vio hybrid.

Top row (L to R):  N0804 'Mademoiselle Bleu' x 'Rachel's Blue Eyes'
                             N0807 'Peek-a-Blue' x 'Mademoiselle Bleu'
Bottom row (L to R):  N0921 'Swordfish Blue' x 'Peek-a-Blue'
                                  N0856 Sapphire's Galah (Purple Martin x violacea 'Grace Blue')

If you've never seen one of the Nortons' blue vios, you don't know what you're missing.  Google them!  Especially the clone 'Monster'.  I'm using a picture of 'Monster' as the background on my computer.

And finally, here's a pic of them all repotted and with shiny new tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment